Instead we went to Grandma Deno's house and she made most of the meal. Aunt Sue made her famous jello dessert too. I TRIED really hard to do good, but everything was so yummy. Luckily I gave myself a little break because I went jogging earlier that day.
And, I was so proud of my girls this year because Keenan took them down to the Fred Jordan Mission in downtown L.A. to feed the homeless. My husband has such a loving giving heart. We had actually decided last year that we were gonna start doing that on Thanksgiving, because Keenan's mom had gone. So, it worked out great because a few people from our church were going, so it made it nice to go along with them.
At Thanksgiving, Grandma loves when we all go around the room and tell what we are thankful for. It's so neat to hear what everyone says. This year we had a couple friends from the church join us, Sharlene and Jemima. It was also my family, my aunt Sue and her family, and Aunt Gertie, and her son John and his family. Kee Kee said he was thankful for his whole family! And Malia said she was thankful for her sister. (I think it shocked Nessie to hear that.) My husband said he was thankful for me (how sweet). I was also thankful for my whole family and my sister, my best friend who I miss so much! And Grandma was also thankful for her sister.
We also played a little game. Everyone had to pick a paper out of a hat and answer the question on it. That was fun. Grandma had her favorite childhood memory, and it was decorating the christmas tree as a child. Keenan had what tradition would you like to start as a family, and he said feeding the homeless was something he definately wanted to continue. Mine was my favorite thing about Thanksgiving, of course the food.
I love this picture of Khalil and Uncle Ron. We had a great Thanksgiving this year with our family. I miss that their are so many of us scattered around. My sister called me the night before because she wanted to make my sweet potatoes, and couldnt find the recipe. I miss her deviled eggs she always makes. And I hope my mom had a nice time with Jon's family, Im excited that we are gonna spend christmas with her this year. I hope everyone else had a good time. Also thanksgiving ended wonderfully. The 3 big kids got to go with Aunt Sue that night so me and Keenan could spend the next 2 days together for our anniversary! I was definately thankful for that...


No comments:
Post a Comment