I wish I would have started this blog a couple years ago. I really don't even know where to begin, so I guess I will just jump right in. The past couple years have been very crazy for me and my family. I have been able to stay home with my kids for the past 5 years! Wow, does time really fly...I was finishing up my college education at Cal State Dominguez Hills to become an Elementary School teacher when I unexpectedly became pregnant again, but not with one baby, but 2! The shock of being pregnant all over again was hard to deal with, let alone the idea of twins. I met some ladies through a twin-pregnancy website, and I really feel like we have all become close friends. I lost one of my twins at 21 weeks due to a diagphragmatic hernia and dandy walker's syndrome. The ladies on the site really encouraged me and helped me to get through a lot of those tough times, and still do.
As a family, it was a heart-breaking experience as well...All of us cried, and all of the kids still talk about their brother in heaven. In the end, I know it will make us stronger as a family, and more loving towards one another. My pregnancy ended up bittersweet, as we named our angel in heaven Kamal which means perfect,(because we know he is perfect in heaven). The blessing through the storm was our beautiful baby boy, Khalil Ta Marr Smith. Born March 27, 2009 @ 40 weeks, God took one angel but left us with another.
And he is exactly what our family needed...


No comments:
Post a Comment